Post Your Own Work

 New Fan Works  Old Fan Works  Zelda Series  Multimedia  Features  Interactive  Site Info
[Reviews - 35] Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +
"Beat, you have to stay here, you can do the work so quickly! Talon you must hire him!" Ingo pleaded.
"If I did you'd be out of a job." Talon said sternly.
"I wouldn't want to take his job." Beat reassured Ingo as he let out a gasp.
Malon then grabbed his arm and looked at him with a smile too seductive to have been made by a girl her age. "Please stay." she requested.
He escaped her grasp, but then he just had to give in "I'd love to..."
"But we must be going now!" Navi interrupted.
"We? Since when is there a we?" Beat asked giving Navi a questioning glance.

Navi boiled inside. She had to keep from glowing red as he looked back to Malon. "Beat we need to go to the market. Now!" she emphasized now to make it clear he was not going to be able to stay.
"Fine," he said conceding to the fairy." I'll come visit as soon as I'm done."After saying that, Malon and Ingo cheered.

Beat began to play a tune on his violin, making traveling a bit easier. "I think she likes me." he stated breaking the silence.
"Who, Malon? She's just curious, you should've seen how she treated Link. She called him fairy-boy just to annoy him."
"She called me by my name. I wish I could return her feelings, but I'm promised to another."
"May I ask who that is?" Navi asked turning green, her way of looking curious.
" I believe you've met her. She's the only one I can promise my undying affection to, but now she probably thinks of me as a coward." he admitted shamefacedly.
"Who is it?!?" Navi asked turning red.
"Nabooru, that divine goddess. I deserted her when I was going to be crowned as Gerudo king. I got scared and ran. She was the only one who enjoyed my music. She was the one who always protected me. When Ganondorf was leader he tried to kill me but Nabooru stopped him. She told me to run. I never forgot how she saved me, and when I found myself back at Gerudo Fortress all I could do was run." After saying that he ceased playing. He was in no mood to be happy now.

Navi turned pale red, she was embaressed for making him shout like that."I'm sorry, I should've kept my mouth shut." Navi apologized.
"No, don't apologize. You reminded me of my goal. To become strong enough to guide my people. I will not be remembered as the king who ran away!" he shouted.
Navi sighed. Boy is this one crazy, of all the people to fall for he picked Nabooru, the most dangerous Gerudo and sage.

They reached the castle town just as the sun was setting. Beat greeted the guard and the guard had to stifle laughing.
"What was so funny?" he asked looking at Navi.
" You said good morning to him, " she stated smirking.
"Oh. Haha" he began laughing his unique laugh. A deep chuckle that ended in a higher pitch then his pitch when starting.

"We should wait till morning" she suggested. Navi was tired but she wouldn't admit it.
"Fine. Let's find a good tree." he said walking towards the castle path.
"Or we could stop at an inn. Didn't you beat Ingo at your bet?" she didn't want to be out any longer. She had tasted the indoors again and would not sleep outside unless it was necessary.
"Oh yeah, let's go to that one!" he exclaimed pointing to an inn that was rather worn-down. She saw the board showing the inns name, and gasped in fear. It was called "The Rusty Dagger"! Suddenly her thoughts were interrupted by a man being thrown through the window.

Beat ignored her complaints and slipped into the crowded room. He slithered noiselessly to the bar where he asked the innkeeper for a room. It cost him twelve rupees for the room. "It's all I need thank you." he said denying the inns courtesy meal. He climbed up the stairs and bumped into a rather unkempt man whose hair was sticking out at odd angles.
"Watchit ya little urchin!" he shouted in a slurred voice.
"My apologies sir, I'm just trying to get into my room." Beat said trying to hold his temper.
"You ain't goin' nowhere!" he snarled pulling out a knife.

Everyone in the inn stopped and watched as the young boy was threatened by this drunken giant. Several men rose to aid him but he just waved them off.
"Sir I must insist you put that knife away before someone is hurt." Beat tried reasoning with him again. But it fell upon deaf ears. The man just tightened his grip on the knife. Beat handed his violin to a girl with long black hair sitting at a table close by. "I entrust my only worldly possession in your sweet and delicate hands." he said smiling to the girl.
The man took this as an opportunity. Navi looked on in dismay as the knife ran through Beat. But something seemed off. Beat was still smiling. He turned and as he did so his tunic ripped more. In an instant he had the man's hand that held the knife twisted at an uncomfortable angle. The knife fell to the floor, clattering harmlessly. Beat then planted his feet on the ground as he flipped the giant over his back. The man fell with a resounding "thud" and he then fell unconscious.
"No more drinks for him tonight, eh?" he asked as the audience he had won over cheered. He reclaimed his violin, and thanked the girl with kiss on he hand. He picked up the knife his foe had used.
"Anyone mind if I keep this?"
Everyone said take it, so he did. As he resumed climbing people rose to get to bed. Apparently the man was keeping everyone from going upstairs. Many people complimented his strength and courage taking on the man unarmed. The girl that helped him kissed his cheek saying he was very brave. Beat then felt his cheeks burn bright with embarrassment.

Navi wasn't as happy. She scolded him for not listening to her (which he was doing now), she scolded him for taking on that man unarmed, and she scolded him for worrying her. He apologized before drifting to sleep. Navi was amazed he hadn't been hurt. She looked at the blade and saw a small drop fall from it's point. So he was cut, that idiot. She moved the torn tunic fabric aside to find a small cut, one that could've been caused by brushing against a wall. He was quite lucky. Navi then thought of how he would reach Zelda. He couldn't sneak in, like Link did. Navi needed a way to get Zelda to come to him.

As Navi fluttered out the window , Beat had nightmares again. This time he stood before Nabooru, a look of contempt on her face. She turned her back to him before saying her thoughts of her supposed king.
"Your a spineless fool, you know that? You can fight a drunken idiot, unarmed I may add, leaving with only a tiny cut and a ruined tunic, yet you can't find the guts to claim your kingdom. You don't even know the hardships were facing now. There are multiple groups that want your head on a spit and roasted till your skull melts. Only a small number protect your name. I'm questioning whether or not you're worthy of being a Gerudo!" her words stung. They burned into his soul.
"You're wrong." he started. "I left to become stronger. And I left to learn the reason why I am living out Ganondorf's memories in my dreams. I'm sorry for the trouble I caused, but this is necessary." He was shocked, he never spoke to Nabooru this way.
"You've got courage, I'll give you that. But I won't protect you forever." she stated dispersing into mist.
He then found himself entering a forest. He stood in front of a great tree and demanded it handed over what he came here for. The tree refused, and he snapped. He summoned one of his creations, a small parasite called Ghoma. He gave the tree one last chance before releasing Gohma. It still refused. So be it. He sent Gohma into the tree. If I can't get that stone then you can die a slow painful death, watching your children frolic carefree as you whither and rot.

Navi flew on, though she doubted Zelda would be in the courtyard, it was a good place to start. Navi was surprised when she found Sheik and Impa sparring. She was so happy to see them again. Impa noticed the fairy. Sheik took it as an opportunity and swung at his master. Impa carelessly stepped aside as Sheik swung and missed. They then ceased the match to greet their fairy friend. Sheik placed his right arm over his heart and was then engulfed in light as he transformed into her trueself. Zelda stood before Navi now, and stared at her.
"What brings you here, Navi?" she asked. She was a little uneasy considering that she was worried sick over the boy who Navi was supposed to protect.
Navi explained her situation and Zelda was shocked. Another Gerudo king? How could this be? Ganondorf killed all the males that had been captured when he was crowned, how did a male Gerudo survive? And an even better question followed how did he get Ganon's memories?
Impa traveled to the temple of sages to talk to Raauru about this development.

Navi returned before sunrise. She understood Zelda's request. Keep him in Hyrule Castle town until she sent for him. Navi told what inn they'd be staying in and left. Now she finally got to sleep. Laying on the pillow of her new charge she let out an exhausted sigh before falling asleep.

Both were awakened by a knock at the door. Beat invited the one knocking in to find the girl that had kissed him last night. She said she was the inn keepers daughter, and as a thanks for getting rid of the drunk man he was free to stay as long as he wanted, free of charge. Beat thanked her as he sat up. He reached for his violin and began to play a quiet song that was relaxing yet awoke the boy. The girl offered to show him around the town and when Beat looked to Navi for approval she sighed, "Sure, why not?"

Beat was having a blast. He walked to the innkeeper and thanked him. The innkeeper then thanked link and handed him a bag of rupees."Gifts from your audience" the man said shaking his head and laughing. "Just keep Gwen safe." Beat nodded accepting his charge. He returned to his room, discarding his ruined tunic. He then grabbed his knife and tucked into his belt. "Navi, I'm leaving," he stated walking out the door. The fairy didn't respond for she was fast asleep.

Gwen led Beat to a place that was flashy and bright called the bombchu bowling alley. She told him it was fun so he tried. the first round was simple. The second was slightly challenging. The third took some time, but he won. The desk girl gave him a bag of bombchus as a prize. She then took him to a great big fountain in the center of town. He then decided to play his violin. He played a song that was cheery and bright, it brought those nearby towards him. They all clustered around him. Jostling each other trying to get a better view. When he finished there was a massive applause and several people handed him spare rupees. She then decided to make her move.

Beat was confused now. Gwen guided him down a deserted back alley. "Ummm, Gwen there's nothing down here." he said unsure of what was going on.
"Sure there is. There's a girl who can't control her hormones and needs to properly reward a hero. " she said walking her index and middle fingers up his bare chest. She pulled her head closer to his and leaned in for the kiss, but Beat stopped her. "Listen, Gwen. I appreciate what you're trying to do but my heart belongs to another. She..." he then remembered his dream about Nabooru. "She... Oh what the hell. Go for it." he said with a smile and then Gwen decided to do what she wanted. She ran her fingers through his sleek black and orange hair. He had to lean against a wall to support himself. He then looked down to see Gwen's bright hair as she reached down his pants... "That's pushing a little too far." he said grabbing her hand. Gwen sighed then reached up for his face to kiss him one last time. "Alright, let's go." she said. Her voice was soft. Similar to Malon's. Oh crap Malon! How could he forget his promise? He told Gwen he needed to check on his fairy so she guided him back to the inn.

Navi was awake now and talking to the innkeeper. They were talking about his daughter Gwen. He said she had a knack for being a man-eater, and that made Navi worry. She was just about to go look for them when they rushed in. The bar patrons looked at the kids, smirked, then returned to their drinks. Beat took Navi upstairs and explained what happened. Navi laughed at his innocence, and commended him for resisting temptation. He then asked if he could go back to the ranch so he could see Malon. Oh great, Link was this way after his seven year sleep.
"So can I go?" he begged on his knees.
"Hmmm, well maybe we could, No." she said this flatly. "But I could go find her and bring her here." she suggested.

"Fine." he sighed. I really wanted to visit the ranch again. "Should go see a tailor." he thought outloud. Navi wasn't there to talk to him now. He headed down to the bar to talk with the patrons. He started a conversation with an off duty guard.
"So how often does the princess leave the castle?" he asked with a tilt of his head.
"Never. Why do you ask?"
"I heard she's a seer, so I thought she could explain these dreams I was having." he answered casually.
"Of all seers why the princess?"
"Who would you trust, a sleezy con, or your beloved princess?"
"Haha good point." laughed the guard.
"If you'll excuse me a moment, I'm going to get something from my room." Beat excused himself as he got up.
"Actually I've got to look for someone staying here, maybe you've seen him. His name is Beat Grimsley."






Enter the security code shown below:
 Sections
The "Post Your Own Work" section is powered by eFiction. To get it for your site, go to www.efiction.org.