Post Your Own Work

 New Fan Works  Old Fan Works  Zelda Series  Multimedia  Features  Interactive  Site Info
[Reviews - 35] Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +
"A male Gerudo? That's a shock." Talon replied to the boys statement, scratching what little hair he had left on his head.
"I know, unlikely right?" he said staring into the freshly lit fire."Mr. Talon, even if this rain doesn't let up, by the goddesses I will do all the work needed to be done tomorrow for you. I only have one request after imposing on you so much." he stated with a determined look on his face.

Please say yes, please say you'll except the condition. He begged in his mind.
"What, pray tell, is this condition?" Talon asked with a curious look in his eyes.
Yes, he thought to himself." Could you fix my violin?" he asked tears starting to well up in his eyes.

Navi was watching the whole conversation. She laughed when Talon agreed to fix the boys instrument and he let out a whoop of delight. That shout had awoken the only other women on the ranch, Malon.

Malon wasn't happy. She was tired and right when she drifted off some idiot woke her up with his shouting. She knew it wasn't her dad, and it couldn't be Ingo, he's never happy. As se walked down the stairs she saw a boy with tanned skin, lighter than a Gerudo, but darker than a Hylian. He wore a torn tunic and had hair that was almost as dark as the stormy night, but that darkness that was his hair was pierced by various orange trails going through it.
"Who are you?" she asked coming down the stairs.

"Hmm? Oh, sorry about that. I probably woke you didn't I?"
"Yeah you did, but I'll forgive you since your so cute." she answered with a giggle." I'm Malon, that big guys daughter."
That's a pretty name he thought to himself."I'm Beat Grimsley. Thank you for your forgiveness." Beat said with a bow.
"Your welcome Beat. So what brings you here?" she asked with a curtsie imitating his politeness.

Talon had enough so he stated " Malon leave the boy alone and let him get some sleep!"
"But Daddy..." Malon started to say something but was interrupted by her father.
"No buts Malon, let him rest. He can tell us all tomorrow."

Beat had the same dream again. Him standing over the kings dead body. Then chasing out the princess Zelda on horseback only to be stopped by a boy with a shield too big for him to use and a small sword. He felt his arm rise and then releasing a strong blast of energy knocking the boy over. Before he dreamt any further he felt a gentle prod in his arm. Talon stood over him holding his violin and bow. Looking at Talon's eyes he could tell Talon worked all night repairing his only keepsake." Thank you Talon."
"Don't mention it. Everyone is still asleep, and the rain stopped, thank Nayru. Why don't you play for a bit, then we can go work the field?"
"That's a great idea!" Beat answered happily taking his violin. He then took a deep breath and began to play. He played his favorite song, his only Gerudo song. It was one of the few happy memories he had of his childhood. As he played he noticed Talon falling asleep.
"I guess any songs a lullaby to him." said a voice that sounded like bells.

Navi had been awakened by the happy song. She stretched to wake up more.
"Good morning my fairy friend." he said with a smile"Sleep well?"
"Yeah, I haven't slept like this in a year." she replied turning her natural shade of blue.
"Hmm, I haven't slept like that ever." he stated sadly.
"Oh, why do you say that?" she asked turning a pale blue expressing concern.

Navi looked worried. And he noticed the last time she was worried was when he said he was Gerudo. "I had a dream, that was more vivid than all my other ones. I'll tell you while I get to work." he stated wrapping his blanket around Talon. He set down his violin and headed outside.

Navi followed him out, admiring his body. Although he was thin from malnourishment he was still in good shape. He wore dark blue tights and no shirt.
"It's my only shirt, the tunic, and besides it got torn." he said reading her mind.
"How did you?"
"You were looking at my body so I figured you were curious."
"Oh. That's pretty smart but then you'd have to worry about not getting your tights dirty."
"Please, that's the sign that you work hard."
"Good point."

As he worked Beat noticed Navi becoming more relaxed. Now or never he thought. "Navi, why did you get worried when I said I was a Gerudo? It's because the current male isn't around anymore that you were shocked to find out another male Gerudo was around, right?"
"How do you know this?" she asked.
"There's a long list. One reason is that I should be seven years older. Another is how I know things about Ganondorf. He just went up in smoke, poof, gone. My final reason is that I'm back in Hyrule." Beat then told her about his dream.

Navi knew what was happening. " You're seeing Ganondorf's memories. He must be trying to control you through his prison."
"So he's alive?" Who captured him?"
Before Navi could answer they were interrupted by Malon calling them over to the house. Beat wiped the sweat off his face and headed towards the house. "That boy has something special, but what is it?" she thought to herself.

Beat walked up to Malon, standing a head taller than her. She noticed he had already begun to work."You forgot about breakfast!" she said giggling. He swallowed and then she heard his stomach growl. They both laughed. He joined the workers of the ranch at the table and they asked what brought him there last night. He recounted the entire event of how a stalfos attacked him and how he promptly fought it off. Then noticing how his violin was ruined he began to chase down the stalfos. After finishing breakfast they gathered around for a song on his violin. Then he told them to relax and he would handle the chores today. He did Malon's first: cleaning the stable, grazing the horses and milking the cattle. He finished faster than she normally did. He then finished Talon's and Ingo's right around lunch.

Navi had been with him the whole time recounting the adventure she went on with Link. He asked a question every once in a while and never interrupted otherwise. She wished Link was like this, remaining calm when she talked. But by thinking of Link she brought back her memories of her deserting him after it was all over. She couldn't make heads or tails of him noticing the repeat in time. She could think of one person to talk to, Princess Zelda.

Ingo was impressed by Beats speed at working. Talon was impressed by his appetite. Malon was impressed by his body. Beat was impressed that what he did was a days worth of work. Since all the work was done Beat decide to get horse riding lessons from Malon. He was a natural. He then made a bet with Ingo that he could find Talon's super cuccoo. Ingo accepted the challenge and he began searching. He found them in twenty seconds. So Ingo paid up and gave Beat twenty rupees. Beat had a blast on the ranch that day. But his fun would come to an end soon.


Enter the security code shown below:
 Sections
The "Post Your Own Work" section is powered by eFiction. To get it for your site, go to www.efiction.org.