Post Your Own Work

 New Fan Works  Old Fan Works  Zelda Series  Multimedia  Features  Interactive  Site Info
[Reviews - 17] Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +
Chapter 1-So it Began

"I tumbled forth as the thrill of falling dashed up and down my spine, falling…into darkness. But I was numb to prevent it, letting myself fall…"

-Deep Blue: by Luna-Nayru




I ran out of my burning home as fast as I could. When I emerged from the frying pan I stepped right into the flame. Outside, Skeletos had their swords raised in the air stampeding my village. They rode on horses black as night, demons. Offspring of evil itself. No good came from these bodies of living bones. Their eyes glowed a solid color of red. They carried a constant stench of decaying flesh. And now they were here. They burned houses and took off villager's heads. Our people tried to fight back as well as they could. They used self-crafted weapons. They stood no chance against this army of rotting warriors.

I did not understand how it happened. We were secluded so well on the side of Death Mountain. We bothered no one. Yet after seven years of his reign, Ganondorf found our village and ordered an attack upon it. We were so innocent, but the face of evil cared not. Ganondorf hated everything. He showed mercy to none. I had to stand there and watch my village be burned and destroyed. I saw before my very eyes, the blood of close friends being spilled. I saw the merciless evil in these creatures. My eyes were opened to what evil truly was. And then my rage burned. I would not stand for this.

I rushed down the main road in our small village heading for the weaponry. I would fight back. My foot was caught against something and I fell to the dirt. I rolled off what I had fallen upon and my heart lept to my throat at the sight of it. My brother was upon the ground. His face stuck in the horrified position the Skeletos left it before throwing its spear through him. I rolled over hoping to look away from the sight. But as I turned I could see another house burning. I saw a flaming body come running out the door screaming. They ran in a frenzy not being able to see anything. The sound of torment ripped out of their mouth. Soon, their ear-piercing screams of pain came to an end as they fell over, still burning on the ground slowly dieing in one of the worst ways one could die.

I heard on the ground next to me the sound of hoofbeats. In a slow motion of shaking fear I looked up and saw a Skeletos dismounting his steed, drawing his rusty blade, prepared to kill. He had a lust for blood in his eye as he approached me. I could not accept death in this manner. I reached over to my brother's body and slipped the weapon out of his hand. The sword was swung down towards me and my weapon knocked his away. I lept to my feet knocking my opponent to the ground. I stood over him and with a downward swing his skull was crushed.

An expression of anger was across my face as all the villagers rushed together to make a last stand against this evil force. We all stood back to back, in a circle as we watched an even larger circle of enemies form around us. The demonic horses screeched of evil and the stench grew strong as we were closed in on. They pointed their swords and spears at our throats awaiting the command. They came so close to us, the rotting breath of the stallions could be felt upon our necks. A voice was heard behind the wall of enemies and the lead Skeletos rode in. Armed with a more detailed array of armor and weapons, he sat confidently. I saw him look upon the few pathetic humans who held their weapons up in defense of many. Without moving his clenched teeth he spoke in a hissing voice and commanded us to drop our weapons. I looked him back in the eyes. They glowed disgustingly to match the stench. We were outnumbered. Even knowing what our fate was I reluctantly dropped my weapon. I signaled for the fellow villagers to do the same. We were told we made a wise choice and for it, our lives would be spared. I felt as though I was living a dream and had just woke up to the cold hard reality of evil. My ankles and wrists were bound together, leaving just enough room for me to walk. By means of ropes I was tied in to a line with the rest of the people who used to be free villagers.

I knew what the Skeletos had said was a stretch of the truth. We would be kept alive, yet we would have no life. Our only business in life would be to do as we are told. Some of us would not be able to endure through the hardships of what was coming. We did not deserve this.

What was about to come upon us couldn't even be fathomed. The pain and suffering brought on us by the heartless 'man', Ganondorf. I swore under my breath at the very thought of him. I wanted revenge on him. I made a silent vow to myself that I would see him die before the end of it. Little did I know of Ganondorf's true face. The devil sitting inside him.

The man of evil had supposedly killed the entire royal family with his own sword. I didn't believe it. There had to be some remnant of royalty left in this whole land. I thought to myself Ganondorf spread word of the Royal Family's death to strike fear into everyone's hearts. Even as this hope of royalty living on lingered in my mind, I knew it was useless. Any lasting royal could do nothing now that Ganondorf was in power. He had wiped out any known threats. As far as everyone knew there was no resistance that existed which had the power to take on Ganondorf and his demons.
What we did need was a hero. A rouge willing to go against all odds and strike Ganondorf down. One to free us from all our peril. The legends of gods even foretold of a Hero who would come to save us in a time of need. And when Ganondorf first took over Hyrule, people were still confident in their Hero. But the years dragged on and Hyrule's hopes were reduced to nothing. The Hero never came. Now Seven Years into what was known as the "Age of Darkness" few still believed in the legends.

As me and my companions were pushed down the rocky slope of Death Mountain towards our new fate I looked up to the heavens and found still an ever cloudy sky. They swirled and swarmed and sometimes made evil faces laughing and smiling at the broken land, as they looked upon what Hyrule had become. I prayed a silent prayer to no one in particular. It was to whoever was out there listening. Whoever stood a chance to save us.

"Help us."


Enter the security code shown below:
 Sections
The "Post Your Own Work" section is powered by eFiction. To get it for your site, go to www.efiction.org.