Post Your Own Work

 New Fan Works  Old Fan Works  Zelda Series  Multimedia  Features  Interactive  Site Info
[Reviews - 55] Printer
- Text Size +
To receive any satellite signals, the Astron has to replica watches uk be able to "see" the sky. The owner's manual warns that outdoors, amid trees or tall buildings, receiving signals, and changing the time zone in particular, may be difficult. We tested the Astron in 12 outdoor locations to get a feel for how much sky has to be visible to pick up a signal. Our test locations included deep urban canyons in midtown Manhattan, an urban park, the center of a smaller city (White Plains, N.Y.), a small-town main street (Tarrytown, N.Y.), and three rural settings, including a wooded trail. Given the warnings, the watch performed surprisingly well. We picked up a single satellite signal in the center of tag heuer replica Times Square and on Madison Avenue surrounded by people and tall buildings. The only setting where we could not receive a signal was on a wooded trail beneath a dense canopy of trees, which is effectively the same as being indoors.We also had better than expected luck changing time zones, which requires four signals. We achieved success amid skyscrapers on Madison Avenue at 53rd Street, though we had to walk around a bit, pointing the watch in different directions (attracting some glances from passers-by). We also acquired four signals in downtown White Plains surrounded by mid- and high-rise buildings, and in two locations under a few trees on the main street in Tarrytown. As expected, the rural settings presented no challenges. We acquired the largest number of signals, eight, in a large park in a rural setting. We were unable to change time zones on the wooded trail, in the center of Times Square, and in front of the New York Public Library on Fifth Avenue.


Enter the security code shown below:
 Sections
The "Post Your Own Work" section is powered by eFiction. To get it for your site, go to www.efiction.org.