Post Your Own Work

 New Fan Works  Old Fan Works  Zelda Series  Multimedia  Features  Interactive  Site Info
[Reviews - 17] Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +
Chapter 1: Farm Life


"Aargh!" Malon heard somebody scream. She ran in the direction of the scream and found her 'brother' lying on the floor, in a foetal position, his arms over his head, with a bunch of angry Cuccoo's around him pecking at him.
Malon quickly shooed them away and they left.
"Finn, what were you trying to do!" she said.
"I was trying to see if the Cuccoos would actually get angry if I threw stones at them repeatedly like you said," Finn replied getting up.
"You idiot!" she scolded. "Why would you try something like that!"
"Come on, you and I both know you like to lie to me,"
"Couldn't you tell I was being serious?"
"No, I can never tell with you," Finn replied with a smirk.
"Ugh!" Malon said walking away from him. Finn sighed, the Cuccoos never took a liking to him anyway, whenever he came to them, they'd run away and he was assigned to work with them that day and when they ran away from them he decided to test out Malon's theory.
He sighed as he picked up the bucket that was full of Cuccoo feed. It had been tipped over when the Cuccoos decided to attack him.
Picking them up he heard Malon's voice when she was singing Epona's song.
He liked his sister's singing voice, it would often calm him down when he was angry and it seemed to soothe the pain from the Cuccoos pecks. He wanted to learn the song but alas, he can't sing and he didn't have an instrument to play it on.
He decided to leave the Cuccoos for now and try to help Malon with the horses.
She was singing Epona's song to Epona who ran at the sight of Finn.
She sighed and asked him,"You scared away Epona, what are you doing here?"
"I came to help," Finn answered.
"Well I don't need any help, you should be with the Cuccoos,"
"They hate me,"
"Because you threw rocks at them,"
"No, even before, they hated me anyway,"
"Just try again, try to give them food first," Malon advised.
"Okay, but if they chase me, its your fault," Finn said. Malon rolled her eyes and began to look after the other horses.
He looked over to where the Cuccoos had landed. He walked over to them. As usual, they walked away from him. He threw some Cuccoo feed at them and they took it as a threat and chased him again.
Damnit Malon! Finn cursed in his mind.
"Why me?" Finn asked out loud to no one in particular and ran in the opposite direction.
He ran past the barn and Ingo stuck his head to see what was going on and when he saw Finn being chased by Cuccoos his face went red with anger.
He shooed them off and grabbed Finn by his arm.
"Do you think this funny boy?" he growled.
"No I don't Mr. Ingo," Finn replied.
"Come here," Ingo said harshly and pulled him all the way to the house where he slept and went inside.
Talon was found sleeping on the floor with Cuccoos all around him.
"Talon!" he shouted.
"What in-" Talon said as he woke up. "Oh hello, Ingo what is going on?"
"Your boy here, was causing trouble with the animals again,"
"Which animals?"
"The Cuccoos,"
"Finn is this true?" Talon asked.
"Dad, I didn't mean to-" Finn started to say but was cut off by his 'father'.
"Upstairs Finn," he interrupted.
"But-"
"Upstairs," he said and looked at Ingo. "Clean up his mess and heres some extra rupees for the mess"
He handed him two purple rupees.
"Thank you Talon," he said before leaving the room all together.
Talon sluggishly walked up the stairs to Finn's room and closed the door.
Finn was lying down on his bed looking up at the ceiling.
"Finn, whats going on, why are you disrupting the animals so much?" Talon asked.
"I don't mean to do it, its just..." Finn trailed off.
"Its just what?"
"Its just I'm not good at farming like you, Malon and Ingo. Its like the animals just don't want me around them, they all move away from me, every single time I go to them,"
"Thats nonsense Finn, its in you to farm, I've seen it,"
"Seen them all run away from me,"
Talon sighed. He couldn't find a way to break through to him and then came to a decision.
"How about you and I do delivery together, just delivery?"
"You mean, to Kakariko village, Hyrule Castle Town, Gerudo Valley, Zora's Domain and other places?" Finn replied with an interest in the subject.
"Yes,"
"Of course I'll do it,"
"Then get ready we'll be leaving for Hyrule Castle Town in 10 minutes," Talon said as he left the room.
What should I wear? Oh man the Town full of people I could get to know, girls aswell... as Finn dwelled on this thought he chose a suitable outfit and went outside to the large corral to talk to Malon.
She was humming Epona's song to Epona whilst stroking her mane.
"Guess what Malon?"
"What?"
"I'm going to go on delivery with Dad,"
"Really? Wow, good for you!"
"And I don't have to farm,"
"Wait what?"
"Yeah no more farming for this boy right here,"
"Why?"
"Because I'm no good with farming,"
"But-but-you have to! There will be extra work for me and Ingo,"
"Yeah well, get used to it," Finn replied walking away to Talon who had just finished preparing the ride that they would go in.
It was a simple two seater with no screen to protect them from the rain. Behind the two seats was a big space that had crates full of milk in it. The whole ride was pulled by three horses.
Finn got in the passengers seat and waited for his father who got in soon after him. He wore his usual clothing, blue overalls with a red shirt.
"Okay then Finn, next stop Hyrule Castle Town!"

Hyrule Castle Town Market was full of people at stalls, so much so that you couldn't see the stall owner, that's how bad it was. There was a huge fountain in the middle sprinkling clear, sparkling water into itself. Around the town there were shops either selling, or they had games inside of them and dogs were running amok around the town.
There was a group of young kids sitting amongst themselves near the fountain with knives at their waists.
Finn looked at them warily.
"Don't pay them any attention Finn," Talon said as he started to slow down to a halt.

Drake saw Finn in the Market and what he was looking at and donned a cloak with a hood on top, to hide his face.
He walked up to the group and said to them:
"Hello young boys, how would you like to earn a few extra rupees?"
"Alright, what we gotta do?" One said moving their hand close to their knife.
"You see those two over there?" Drake replied.
"D'ya mean the couple in love or the kid with brown hair and the old geezer?"
"The kid and his...father," Drake replied. "I've always wanted Lon Lon Milk without having to pay for it"
"So you want us to rob them?"
"Yes rob them and bring me the boy as well,"
"How about we just rob you!" One growled drawing his knife.
"Now you wouldn't want to do that," Drake replied drawing magic from out the air. The boy stopped his advance on Drake. "Get me the milk and the kid and do not fail me, if you value your lives that much"
"What about our pay?"
"You can forget about it, you friend here cost you your money," Drake replied going into another crowd of people and disappearing.
"You heard the man, get moving!" One ordered.

They started to walk over to the two drawing their knives. Finn and Talon saw this and tried to turn away but group's advance was halted as an arrow hit the ground in front of them. They looked in the direction of the arrow and saw a man on top of a roof in a standing position.
"Arthur..." Talon whispered as he gazed at him.
The man was on the ground in the blink of an eye...literally as Finn blinked the man was not on the roof but on the ground fighting the group of boys rather easily, sending them running to their mummies.
The man picked up a dagger that one of them was holding and handed it to Finn. Talon looked wide-eyed as if to say:
"You're not giving him a weapon!"
but he gave a quick glance as if to reply:
"Oh yes I am, he's my boy after all..."
that made Talon look normal again, but not without a frustrated sigh.
"I sense good swordsmanship in you, take this," He said as he gave him the dagger. "Try to stay out trouble so-I mean kid"
He gave them a goodbye wave and disappeared.

As he jumped roof tops people started to look at him in awe and respect but then he disappeared down an alleyway into his 'secret' hideout.
He was met with a young girl that had skin lighter than the gerudos, with red hair and red eyes, like that of the Sheikah. She wore a dark red tunic that reached just past her knees, that was decorated with yellow hylian symbols that meant 'mystery' and she also wore purple leggings and simple shoes with laces. She was about the same height and age as Finn.
"Why didn't you let me handle those boys in the Market?" she complained.
"That was my son they were going to attack," Arthur replied sternly.
"That was your son? He looked so scared," she laughed.
"Shut it Leia, or else I'll send you back to where you came from," Arthur growled, though it shut her up. "I need you to follow them, and if Drake shows up, grab Finn and bring him to me immediately"
She nodded and was out the door as quick as a cheetah.
When I get my son back, I'll teach him the Sheikah way of disappearing.

Finn looked down at his weapon, the hilt purple and was decorated with multicoloured diamonds, he turned it around and gave it a few swings in the air.
"Wow Dad, who was that?" Finn asked.
"That was your fa-I mean that was the vigilante of Hyrule Castle Town," Talon replied.
"A vigilante? Cool," Finn said but he thought, Was he going to say father?
"So where do we go first?" Finn asked.
"Hyrule Castle," Talon replied with a smile.

Hyrule Castle was one of the best sights he'd ever seen, maybe the only sight he'd ever seen but even so, it was great.
The castle was taller than most of the buildings in the castle town, on top of a hill, which gave it the most prominent position in the whole of Hyrule.
There was a pathway to it that was blocked by a gate with a soldier in front of it, but there were more guards past the gate as well.
As Talon and Finn pulled up to the guard, he instantly recognised Talon and opened up the gate for the two.
"Will we go inside the Castle?" Finn asked.
"No, just put two crates in the supply room and leave,"
"Oh..."
"Its alright son, we get to see more of Hyrule later," Talon replied, lifting Finn's spirits up a little. However they weren't aware of the girl hidden in back of their cart who was well hidden underneath the blanket over the crates..


Enter the security code shown below:
 Sections
The "Post Your Own Work" section is powered by eFiction. To get it for your site, go to www.efiction.org.