Post Your Own Work

 New Fan Works  Old Fan Works  Zelda Series  Multimedia  Features  Interactive  Site Info
[Reviews - 34] Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +
Beat slept on the outside, but in his mind or spirit, he wasn't sure which, he was talking with Ganondorf and Din. He sat at a round table and listened carefully to what the goddess had to say.
"You see, my sisters and I created the land as you both know. We also created the Triforce with our most obvious characteristic. Nayru was always clever so her was wisdom. Farore was always ready to go off and explore, courageous. Me, I'm the tomboy. Always rough and tough, that's why I was power." laughed Din.
"Alright, we get it. But what about the Antriforce?" urged Beat waving his hand.
"Right, you see we aren't pure. We each have a fault. Nayru was always scared, so she used her wisdom to create laws to strike fear into those who wish to cause trouble. She was the creator of the Antriforce of Fear. I was always hot-headed, never wanting to give in. But when I was pushed to far, I'd snap, muck like you do Mr. Grimsley. And the one that is the most dangerous is Farore's piece. She was selfish, and wanted the most important jobs. She pushed us away from creating life, and hogged all the glory. She created the Greed piece of the Antriforce. The most powerful piece stands out among the rest. That's why Power tops the Triforce, and Greed is the base of the Antriforce." explained Din.
"Alright, I think I understand." nodded Ganondorf stroking his chin.
"I'm in agreement. But why us?" yawned Beat.
"You both are important. You see, me and Nayru, disobeyed Farore. We both made some races of our own. I was the creator of the Gerudo, and Vakans. That's why you are impervious to heat, my fiery attitude is what made you. I keep you safe." laughed Din placing her hands on her hips.
"Mmhmm. And why am I cursed?" stated Beat.
"Uh, that's will take a while to explain." chuckled Din nervously.
"Go ahead, we've got time. We're both incarcerated." sighed Gamondorf covering his face.

Link sat at the breakfast fire, planning. He knew that they were planning on mixing the fights. He may end up fighting someone like Richard. But he needed to stay strong. He was taken away from his thoughts by a hand being placed on his shoulder.
"You may want to use one of those masks you kept." chuckled a man behind Link.
"Oh great, it's you." muttered Link leaning his head back to look at the mask salesmen.
"It is good to see you also. My my, do you need some help? I know who you will be facing in your next fight." laughed the man.
"Listen I'm not going to cheat!" growled Link.
"It's not cheating if he fights dirty also." whispered the mask salesmen. "He uses a fake name. Jackson Fright, he lies about his identity. His name is Fright, but it is Jacob Fright."
"The Jacob from Kokiri Forest?" gasped Link.
"The very same. How do you think he beat that Goron?"
"Fear!" growled Beat.
"Be warned, he will use all his strength once he realizes you are his opponent. I would advise using a mask that can protect you." suggested the salesmen.
"I would advise returning my masks." muttered Link.
"The only one I still have is your Kafei Mask." apologized the salesmen. He opened his eyes to reveal their color to the boy, and then spoke again. "I will warn you now, the power of your Courage will need to overpower his control of Fear. Pray to Nayru that she will try to weaken the one bearing her curse. Oh, and Archer will be your opponent after this fight if you win." the salesmen then closed his eyes and walked off.
"Who is that guy really?" muttered Link holding the likeness of his friend his hand.

Malon sat outside of a stand and got two bottles. She handed one to Ivy, and opened hers.
"What is it?" asked Ivy, looking into the bottle.
"It's a special drink called Farore's Nectar. It uses the juices of all kinds of fruits and vegetables. It's really good." replied Malon with a grin.
Ivy smiled back and opened the bottle. She took a small sip and gasped at the flavor. "This is amazing!"
"I know right? Ahh, it's good to talk to girl for a change. Or at least a normal girl."
"What do you mean?" asked Ivy pulling the bottle close to her lips.
"Well, my only friend that isn't male is Zelda, and she is too busy with royalty stuff. Gwen drives me insane, and I doubt we'll be friends." scowled Malon.
"Why do you hate Gwen? She seems nice. I only worry about what she has planned for Archer." sighed Ivy.
"You mean she doesn't cling to Beat?" gasped Malon.
"No, why? Does she do that often?" asked Ivy anxiously.
"Well, when I first met her she did. Why are you worried?"
"Umm, well you see... Uh, mmm, well," mumbled Ivy blushing. "I kinda like him." 
"What?" gasped Malon. "You do too?" After saying that Malon mentally kicked herself. Didn't Richard already explain this?
"Oh, I didn't realize you were interested in him." sighed Ivy.
"Yeah, but, I think we can still be friends. We just let Beat decide, and we let it go that way." suggested Malon.
"Alright, we let Grimsley decide." nodded Ivy.
"A toast, may the best girl win." laughed Malon.
"Cheers." laughed Ivy.
They were friendly on the outside, but they had different opinions of the other now.
"I've got the upper-hand, I've know him longer." thought Malon.
Ivy laughed mentally, "Sorry girlie, but Beat has said he loves me. It may have been in his sleep, but it still counts."

Beat banged his head against the table. Just how much does this story go on for? She was explaining how Hyrule was created, and the same story she said earlier. But then she mentioned how he became cursed, and that piqued his interests.
"This was all caused by a man who's home was overthrown. He was a knight for that kingdoms previous ruler, but it was known for it's rebellions. He wandered the desert, and found a temple buried by time. He opened it and found an art forbidden from the world. He learned how to summon skeletal warriors. He used his new power to free his old home, but he didn't realize that when he opened that temple, he released the Antriforce to the world. He was known to be selfish already, but he found his true greed after he became king of that land. He was soon overthrown due to his high taxes. The rebels burned him at the stake. The Antriforce kept him alive, and it fueled him to claim his enemies as trophies. He summoned his soldiers and transformed them into his armor. He then found by placing a bone from his armor into a person's body made them more powerful. He also found it made them obey him, so he had his soldiers create these new breed of monsters, that you've encountered Beat." explained Din.
"You mean Skull King caused this? I knew he was the creator of Bone Soldiers, but he created them to reclaim his kingdom. How did he become so angry at us?" sighed Beat.
"As he was burned alive he became hungry for more than just one kingdom. He thirsted for more power. He then heard the Antriforce tell him those who would stop him from achieving his goal. The first two names he heard were yours." explained Din.
Ganondorf sipped at his goblet, and breathed heavily after placing it down. "So, we were his main concerns?"
"We are going to foil him?" gasped Beat. "He has the power to control this guy what will keep me from falling to him?"
"You are powerful. Enough to make him want you to serve him. He has several strong fighters. He has claimed each one of them as a sin. Each one is mainly focused on one of the seven deadly sins. He is greed, Jacob is pride, envy is in the tournament, and wrath is in my presence. He wants you to become his fifth. He has yet to find sloth or lust. But gluttony is in his presence. I just can't figure out who." sighed Din.
"So I'm sinful, now I'm supposed to serve him because of it? Jacob didn't have any bone armor, I didn't see anyone enter who did!" growled Beat.
"Relax, we can figure this out." assured Ganondorf.
"Right, oh and I suppose I should tell you this now Beat. You're not fully Gerudo, you're mainly Hylian."
Beat spat out the drink he had just drank, drenching Ganondorf. "What?!? Wait, that means I can't be king. I can live the way I want to once Ganondorf is released." cheered Beat.
"Wow." gasped Ganondorf. 
"But you know, you could still count for something. How about we call you the Gerudo Prince?" suggested Din.
"Hmm, I like the sound of that." laughed Beat.

Richard stretched into wakefulness. He had slept in the drivers bench of the cart he had gotten from Lon Lon Ranch. It wasn't the same without Beat there. No one was as stupidly funny as him. He decided to go visit his friend, after all he had been arrested here  also. As he walked off towards the jailhouse he bumped into Edmund, one of the entrants.
"Oh, hey there Edmund." greeted Richard.
"Yeah hello, excuse me I'm in a hurry." muttered Edmund as he rushed past Richard.
"Ass." thought Richard as he continued on.

Beat was now banging his head repeatedly against the table. Plans of how to get Ganondorf free. All wanted immediate results.
"I'm just saying, you could free me using your powers." sighed Ganondorf.
"I'm telling you, I can't. Farore would have my ass." denied Din.
"Shut up you two please! Shit, it's so hard to think." shouted Beat. "Rauru is dying, so I think we find the sage warriors until he dies. I know it's rude to wait for someone to die, but when he dies the seal will weaken, giving you a chance to escape." explained Beat.
"That may actually work gasped Din.
"Nice thinking." complimented Ganondorf patting Beat's shoulder.
"Anything to shut you two up." muttered Beat. "How long till my fight?"
"Five hours." replied Din. "You fight early on. But you'll have to wait here until you're time comes."
"Wonderful." sighed Beat.
"I could teach you some moves you can use." offered Ganondorf.
"Sorry Ganny, but Beat can't use that many varieties of magic. Only fire magic, right?" laughed Din.
"Yeah, so maybe you could help me." suggested Beat.
"I'll make it so you don't have to say the spell's name." offered Din.
"That, and a new spell." argued Beat.
"Deal." agreed Din. "Ganny, you can help."
"I do wish you'd stop calling me that." sighed Ganondorf.

Richard found quite a surprise at the jailhouse. Ivy and Malon had both stayed here the night. Malon laid on a desk, Ivy laid next to the bars of Beat's cell. Richard shook his head and sighed. "Grimsley, you are being followed by fan-girls."
Ivy awoke to that statement and clenched her teeth. She kicked Richard in his shin and made him fall. She then pounced on him and put him in an arm bar. "Ace can burn in hell, he's not hurting Beat!" she shouted.
"Ivy! Let go it's me, Richard!" cried Richard, tears filling his eyes.
"Oh, sorry Richard. I thought Ace sent one of his cronies here to hurt Beat." apologized Ivy.
"Thats why you stayed? Oh, did Malon do the same?" asked Richard.
"Did Malon do what?" yawned the farm girl rubbing sleep from her eyes.
"No, she didn't. Come on, the next round should start soon." urged Ivy. "I'm gonna head back to camp to change."
"Alright. See you later." waved Richard as she ran outside. "Huh, still asleep? Must be having another chat." 

Link paced the battle area, deep in thought. He could use his Zora mask, then he'd be able to use the magic shield. But if he was Fierce Deity, he could fight from a distance. Then again, Goron would be able to block most attacks by curling up in a ball. Or maybe Deku, then he could move faster, but then he'd be slower and more vulnerable to fire. Then he realized that it didn't matter, no matter what happens, he'll just need to win.
"Hey Skirt-Boy!" shouted Alice.
"I regret allowing her to join." he muttered. "What is it Alice?"
"I heard the fight pairings, Beat's versus one of Ace's goons. And your versus that Fright guy. Archer got paired against a Zora, Richard is up against a Goron, and Ivy is versus Ace. I even looked at that Finn guys, he got paired up with another TerraSlider." explained Alice.
"Thanks for the heads up. Who's fighting first?"
"Uhh, Archer is. Oh and I think I should mention that Gwen and I are going to shop for supplies. Any suggestions?"
"Yeah, I suggest you ask Richard for a list of what we need. I've got rupees you can use." replied Link.
"Alright, and Allen will be waiting with Beat." called Alice running off.

Beat concentrated, he focused his mind on lighting the candle. But he was blasted by an energy ball shot by Ganondorf. Beat couldn't concentrate.
"Ahh! I can't take it anymore! I can not light that damned candle!" shouted Beat pointing his finger at the candle. Suddenly it lit up, and melted.
"You can, you just don't have complete control. You just need a way to focus." sighed Din.
"Try focusing on that chair over there," suggested Ganondorf pointing to a lone chair, "and snap your fingers."
"I don't see how that's gonna work." muttered Beat snapping his finger. Suddenly flames began licking up the wooden chair. "Ok, I need a motion to do it. I will point, or snap,"
"Then you'll learn the new spell, Din's Spiral. It will let you teleport a short distance." suggested Din.
"Cool." whistled Beat.

"Alright, gather around!" called Ricky. "We are about to announce the fight pairings."
Many fighters had cheated, and looked at the list. It was apparent since several fighters were absent. Link went anyway. Richard had rushed back to the ring, Ivy was sitting against the stage where the master of ceremonies stood. Jackson stood next to Edmund, whispering something.
"Wait, somebody go get Grimsley. He should hear these." suggested the announcer.
"I'll go." offered Ivy rising to her feet. She slipped her blades onto her shoes and glided away.
"Alight, who doesn't already know who they're fighting?" shouted Ricky.
Nobody rose their hands.
"Come on people! What the hell?" screamed the speaker stomping his feet.

Beat easily mastered the new spell, and used it many times to switch seats at the table. He laughed at how free it made him.
"Alright Grimsley cut it out." sighed Ganondorf.
"Yeah sure." nodded Beat. "Do I need a change of clothes?"
"That may help you." yawned Din.
"Could you make it for me?" asked Beat.
"Depends on what you want." replied Din.
"Can I go back to my prison?" asked Ganondorf.
Din snapped her fingers and he vanished. "What do you have in mind?"
"Something like this, just reverse the colors." suggested Beat.
"Red with black Sheikah crest. Anything else?" noted Din.
"Could you get me a staff?"
"Sure, I'll get someone to deliver them to the prison for you." laughed Din.

Ivy entered the prison and found Beat sleeping where she had left him. She walked up to the sleeping guard and kicked his chair, toppling him over.
"The Royal Master of Ceremonies said to let him go." explained Ivy.
"Sorry, only confirmed statements. If you had his signature I could let you leave with him." apologized the guard.
"Oh alright. Sorry to bother you." sighed Ivy.
The conversation was interrupted by a girl with a lot of gold band on her arms. She had a large red ponytail and had skin like Beat's.
"I'm here to drop these off for my close friend Beat. I hope it'll help him in his fight." laughed the girl as she placed a metal staff and shirt on the desk.
"Alright, I'll let him know you dropped by. May I ask your name?" nodded the guard.
"No, I'd like to remain a secret to you." giggled the girl as she ran outside.
"Weird." stated Ivy.

Link sat watching the arena being setup for the next round. Archer was counting arrows in his quiver and the Deku Seeds in his pouch. He knew it wouldn't be a hard fight, but he wanted to be prepared. Richard sat next to him trying to figure out a way to fight a Goron. Link was staring at his masks, trying to decide which mask to use against Jacob, or Jackson as he was going by now. Finn was talking with a boy with light blue hair, and wore a blue tunic. Link tried to recognize the other boy, but couldn't.

Penny had brought Skull Kid and the fairies to see Peter at a medical ward. Peter was still sore, and would have to stay for a few days. Penny cried when she saw her brothers scar.
"Relax, I think it looks cool." laughed Peter weakly. "Doesn't it look like a straight line? Ace did a good job of keeping the blade straight."
"Oh trust me, he'll get what he deserves soon." growled Tael.
"Like you'll do anything." teased Tatl.
"Quit fighting, you'll excite Peter." hushed Navi.
"Too late, Peter fell asleep." whispered Skull Kid.
"Let's go." urged Penny quietly.

Gwen and Alice wandered through shops buying supplies for the next few days. They decided to fill the bottles they had with potions. Some green, a few blue, and a lot of red. They would help with any injuries sustained over the journey.
"Where'd you get all these rupees?" asked Alice.
"Oh, I borrowed Beat's wallet." laughed Gwen.
"You stole his wallet?" gasped Alice.
"Yeah I did." replied Gwen.
"You're so evil, and I love it!" laughed Alice.

Beat woke up to find Ivy standing over him with an angry look in her eyes.
"Oh Din, what happened? What'd I do?" gasped Beat.
"Who was the redhead that dropped off a change of clothes for you? She said you were a close friend." growled Ivy.
"Was it Malon?" asked Beat stupidly.
"I think I'd know if it was Malon. She was the same tone as you, and had pointed ears." replied Ivy angrily.
Beat gasped when he realized who it was who helped him. "An old friend. Don't worry, she's above my level, and I'm not sure about her sexuality." laughed Beat.
"Swear to the Goddesses!" ordered Ivy.
"I swear to Nayru and Farore. Din has caused this problem." growled Beat.
"Huh?" asked Ivy.
"Never mind. Just lead me to my stuff left by her." pleaded Beat.
Beat smiled when he saw the new clothes. He pulled off his shirt, about to replace it with the new one, but was stopped by Ivy.
"Have you always had these scars?" she asked.
"Yeah. I'm glad you didn't see these when we were doing the meditation." laughed Beat pulling on the red shirt.
As he pulled it on he found a note pinned to it's front.
"I added a special gift in the pocket of the pants, Dinah."
Nice fake name, Din Dinah, good thing nobody knows your appearance. He made Ivy leave as he changed into the black pants. In the pocket he found a pair of glasses, with black lenses.
"Cool, these are those sunglasses things." laughed Beat putting them on. The world looked darker when he wore them.
"I like them." smiled Ivy.
Beat then placed them on her nose and tightened his belt. He put the sword's scabbard on his belt, and tied his bag of bombchus to his side. He kept the hookshot in a bag with the bow and quiver Archer gave him. He had found his gloves and pulled them on, he laughed at Ivy's antics with the glasses.
"You're a good dancer." laughed Beat.
"Oh real funny." replied Ivy sarcastically.
"I'm serious." sighed Beat grabbing his new staff. He decided to layoff the paint and bandages.
"Then maybe we could spend the night's festival event together?"
"What was last nights?" 
"There wasn't one last night, the fights took too long. But this time only sixteen fights."
"Whats tonight's?"
"A bachelor auction. The winner of the auction gets to spend dinner with the man she bought."
"That sounds like prostitution." 
This made Ivy burst out laughing. "Huh, that was, ahaha, oh dear Nayru, that was funny. Come on let's go." urged Ivy leading Beat to the fighting area.

Link yawned at the current fight. Archer easily beat his opponent. And Richard beat the Goron without getting hit. Now he watched a fight between Vakanos and a Hylian. 
"Hmm, he seems to be in good form." yawned Beat plopping down next to Link.
"Hey. Welcome back prison man. Nice glasses."
"Thanks. Ivy likes to wear them too." laughed Beat.
"Vakanos wins." announced Ricky. "Next up is Link versus Jackson Fright."
"Time to face Fear." muttered Link. 
Beat gasped when he heard that. "How could I have been so stupid?" growled Beat rising to his feet. "Zelda will know what to do!"

Link stood in front of his opposite. Jackson stood taller than Link, and had empty hands. Link had his shield out and nothing else. He looked at his opponents left hand, and saw he wore a glove covering what may be his Antriforce.
"I hope you last longer than the Goron." laughed Fright.
"Don't give me any of that crap. I know who you really are, Jacob." whispered Link.
"Good, I'm tired of acting nice. Now lets see if Fear can conquer Courage." growled Jacob.

Beat ran to the stage where the royal family sat. He kept calling Zelda's name as he ran forward. He was stopped by a cloaked figure with a red mask.
"Fright is the holder of Fear." stated the masked specter.
"Who are you, and how do you know this?" gasped Beat stopping in his tracks.
"I am a friend of a friend. I am known by many names but I most commonly go by Red Spirit. As to how I know, I receive messages of wisdom through the rising sun." laughed the masked man. He walked to Beat and whispered in his ear "if your friend is to survive, you'll have to be cut, within an inch of your live."
"What?" asked Beat.
"For Link to win, you'll have to go to the brink of hell, and come back again." yawned Red Spirit.
"Can you just tell me?" growled Beat.
"Fine, this is the only time I'll explain my message fully. If you want Link to survive, you'll have to get injured and nearly die. Then the fight will be Link's." explained Red Spirit.
"What will I do?" asked Beat.
"You're climbing that mountain. But I know a shortcut into the temple where an army waits for its leaders command. All you need to do is play this song." instructed the spirit, drawing notes on the ground.
"Alright, I just need to get my,"
"Violin? Already got it for you." laughed Red Spirit. "And I'll be traveling with you."
"Fine let's go." replied Beat playing the notes.

Link ducked under a blast of energy from Jacob's hand. He then rolled under another blast and struck Jacob on his legs. Jacob wobbled and fell to the ground. He growled and hurled a clump of dirt into Link's face.
"Ahh!" shouted Link trying to clear his vision. He knew what would be coming next. He raised his shield to deflect the blast emitted from his foes hand.
"And Link blocks the magic used by Jackson Fright." announced Ricky.
Link drew his sword and slashed at his opponent and found it being blocked by a hooked blade. Jacob held his sword with a nasty hook at the point.
"You're not the only one with a sword." laughed Jacob, aka Jackson.

Zelda felt uneasy. This man was using a power familiar to her somehow. He seemed smart, even though he acted like an uncaring narcissist. He seemed almost like kin to her.

"How am I not burning?" gasped Beat in surprise.
"That outfit is specially made by Din. It's completely flame retardant. Don't try running through the walls of flame though."
"Fine. Where do we go?" asked Beat.
"The path you seek lies before you."
"Again with the riddles?"
"No, that bridge is the path to the inside." pointed Red Spirit.
Beat laughed and went inside. He climbed down a ladder and fond himself in a large chamber. There he found a large group of skeletal soldiers.
"Cake." smirked Beat. He snapped his fingers and the army burst into flames.
Beat had learned to only use magic to a minimum getting as much use from the spell as possible. He only ignited the heads of the skeletons. The skeletons fell apart as the heads melted.
Beat turned to walk out when a chain wrapped itself around his legs.
"Where are you going?" asked Red Spirit. "Those were the first, but many remain. Just explore the dungeon, and remove the monster alive once again."
"Care to elaborate?"
"No, let's go." stated Red Spirit walking off.

 Link had to use all his skill to prevent his foe from hitting him. He used Beat's training to dodge sword slashes and blasts of Fear.
"Stand still! I can't decapitate you if you keep moving!" roared Jackson/Jacob.
"Good, I'd like to keep my head attached to my body." growled Link. Link then flipped backwards, and put on his first weapon mask, the Zora mask.
"Let me handle this!" laughed Mikau the Zora spirit of the mask.
"Right." agreed Link.
Now where Link once stood, there was a Zora with a green dorsal fin. The crowd gasped in shock, and some shouted in disbelief.
"Don't care what race you are, you're dead!" laughed Fright. He began to gather energy in his hand and soon released it.
"Sorry buddy, that won't work." smirked Zora Link. He unleashed the magic shield and stopped the attack. Jacob/Jackson stood in shock, mouth agape. Link then shot the boomerang fins at his foe and was rewarded with him dropping his sword. Link quickly swapped masks.
"My turn!" shouted Darmani, the Goron spirit.
Goron Link rolled over the sword and shattered it. He then removed the mask and drew his Great Fairy Sword.
"Let's end this!" shouted Link.
"Fine, but don't come crying to me when you die." growled Fright.

Beat ran through the temple, clearing the place of all bone related creatures. He had explored all cage areas, and swiftly emptied the rooms filled with stalfos and other skeletal creatures. He then found himself back in the main chamber.
"All bones are shattered, now only three remain. The two in the tournament, and the one who'll bring you pain." chanted Red Spirit, appearing in front of Beat.
"Farore damn it! Stop doing that!" gasped the frightened adolescent.
"Go into the room to the left, there you will find the one that may cause your death."
"I hate you." muttered Beat walking to the room.

Link clashed with Fright, keeping his blade level. He was not allowing any openings in his defense.
"I'm growing tired of this charade, enough!" roared the holder of Fear. "I think I'll stop pretending."
Link jumped back and watched his foe reveal his true colors, or hair color for that matter.
"Jacob!" growled Archer. He began to draw his bow when a firm hand grabbed him.
"Don't interfere, this is Link's fight." stated Richard.
"I see not many people are aware of my capabilities. I guess a demonstration is in order." sighed Jacob, fixing his once again fiery red hair. "Very well. Let's begin!"
Jacob raised his arms and focused his energy. Suddenly, several yellow spirals appeared in the air, but nothing came out. Jacob was puzzled by this.
"What the hell? Why aren't they coming? Get your useless bones out here!" shouted Jacob.
Link yawned, then hurled himself at his opponent. He pushed Jacob to the ground and pointed his sword at his enemies neck. "It's over, give in." demanded Link.
"And after all the hard work I did to enter? I had to grant my powers to that useless Onua Wavecrasher, let him have the joy of killing those other two contestants. I really want to enter that library, and I'll kill you to get in!" laughed Jacob.
The crowd were now hushed. The boy in the fight was responsible for the two murders. He wanted to kill just to get into a library? What's so important in there to want to kill to get in? These thoughts echoed through the minds of everyone present.
"Guards, cease that man!" ordered Ricky.
"Ah, ah, ah. No can get in, unless they use my portals in." laughed Jacob. "Link is as good as dead!"

Beat entered the chamber. He was shocked they would build an entrance into this room, all there was in here was a platform full of pools of lava.
"There's nothing else here!" shouted Beat. He was suddenly corrected by a loud screech. The sound was familiar to Beat, and he knew what it meant. "Oh shit!" he gasped as the began to shake underneath him.

Jacob turned to see a red ring of smoke circle the peak of Death Mountain. He smiled, and then turned to Link.
"My pet is ready to play, are you?" he laughed.
"Bring it!" howled Link.
"Very well." replied Jacob. He made an x with his arms and slashed them at Link, opening a large rift. From the rift came a loud howl, and then fire came out of he opening. Suddenly, a form fell out of the rift.
"For the love of all that is good and holy, run!" shouted Beat as he jumped up, body covered in ash and cinders.
Then hell broke loose, as Volvagia clawed it's way out of the portal. Beat sprinted over to Link, and patted his friends shoulder. "Good to see you're still alive." sighed Beat. "What's wrong with your arm?" gasped Link looking to the blood flowing down Beat's right arm. "That thing grabbed me by the shoulder and squeezed down until my arm cracked. I think my entire arm is broken." explained Beat wincing. "You have bad luck with dragons." stated Link. "Uh, excuse me ladies, I'm still here." yawned Jacob. "So, you found this one Grimsley?" "I should've known you would have this one." muttered Beat. "You handle Jacob, I'll handle his pet."  "Beat no, you can't!" gasped Link. "Watch me." laughed Beat grimly. He spun on his heel, and jumped. Richard knew what needed to be done. He shouted to the other fighters to be ready to defend any of the spectators in case Jacob had any accomplices. Surprisingly everyone listened, including those who lost. They circled the fighting area while the civilians ran. Several local guards joined the ring of defenders as they stood ready to fight. Peter, who was still in the hospital, snapped awake. Penny sat next to him, holding his hand. When she saw he was awake she told him they needed to stay here. "No, you stay here. I have to go, I'm needed." replied Peter as if he were in a trance.  He rose from the bed, wearing the clothes he fought in, fully cleaned and restitched. He grabbed his rapier and limped to the fighting area, leaving his sister completely shocked. Beat landed on a roof, and then shot his hookshot at the dragons neck. He was about to retract the chain when Red Spirit stopped him. "There isn't a chance of killing it that way. You'll need the treasure of Goron Legends, that brought the lives of dragons to an end." "Don't care." replied Beat releasing the trigger, letting him fly to the dragon's back. "That boy will make my return pointless, he's too much like his father!" hissed Red Spirit. Link clashed swords with Jacob once again. He noticed that Jacob was sweating, even though his breath was even. "Scared Fright?" taunted Link. "Never! I'm Master of Fear, I'm never scared! I cause fear, I never experience it!" shouted Jacob. "Did I strike a nerve?" laughed Link. Beat clung to the dragon's back , as it flew high into the sky. "Why does it have to be so high?" whined Beat, holding on for dear life. He swallowed the lump in his throat, and started climbing slowly. "Just need, to cut it's head off." "That won't work." yawned Red Spirit, sitting behind Beat. "Where'd you come from?" gasped Beat. "I get around." shrugged Spirit. "You need to," "I refuse your help, I'm doing this on my own." "Stubborn, just like your mother." sighed Spirit. Beat turned and grabbed the masked man's neck. "What do you know about my mother?" he snarled. Jacob fought tooth and claw trying to keep Link out of his head, and Link knew it. Link continued to press the focal points of his foe. "You're scared of my capabilities, since I'm your opposite. You know you're going to lose." laughed Link. "Shut up damn you! I've had enough! Bone Soldiers, Attack!" screamed Jacob, ripping another void. Bone Soldiers filed out, surrounding Link. Jacob laughed and stood tall once again. "Kill him." ordered Jacob.  Then three things happened at once. The tournament entrants attacked the Bone Soldiers. The Bone Soldiers were shocked into stillness. And Edmund and Vakanos trailed away from the others. Beat growled at his follower. He refused to speak clearly about his mother. "I think we should kill this dragon." stated Spirit turning his focus away. "Fine, get out of my way." ordered Beat shoving past Red Spirit. "Let me bind your arm up. You shouldn't use a broken arm." advised Red Spirit. "Screw that. I am going now." hissed Beat crawling along the snakelike body. He reached the head, and then began clubbing it with his staff. It was metal so wouldn't snap easily. Or at least, not right away. After three strikes the staff broke. "Damn it!" shouted Beat. Then Volvagia began to buck and try to toss Beat off of his back. Beat decided to try his rapier, and stabbed it into the monsters eye. Which made it convulse in pain, tossing Beat loose. Beat only survived due to a whisker of the dragons snout. He tried to stab the other eye, but was grabbed by the dragon's formidable claws. "I'm not getting any more broken!" howled Beat stabbing the claw that held him. The rapier dug into the dragon's claw, striking the bone. The monster howled in pain, opening it's claw holding Beat. Beat began to fall, the rapier falling to the ground with him. He quickly grabbed his hookshot, and shot it at the claw he had just stabbed. He choked when he saw he missed. "I'm going to decorate the ground with my blood!" he cried. Ace saw the boy fall from the dragon, and grimaced. He ran over to a Goron, and pointed out Grimsley's demise. "Launch me from your back, I'm going after him!" shouted Ace. "Right." nodded the Goron curling up. When he felt Ace step onto him, he bolted upright, launching the TerraSlider into the air.  Ace passed Beat in midair, and shifted so he'd dive down towards the falling boy. When Ace flew past his target he grabbed his coats corners creating an air-brake. He caught Beat with his legs, and Beat was shocked by his savior. "Don't get any ideas. I don't want anyone getting killed today, or at least by a lizard." growled Ace. "I don't care, just thanks for saving my ass." sighed Beat. Any further conversation was interrupted by a red streak shooting towards the dragon. "What was that?" gasped Beat. "No clue." replied Ace landing lightly on a roof. Link was surrounded by his friends. Allen knocked a head off of one of the soldiers, and Richard stabbed into the eye socket of the skull. Archer shot his hookshot through the head of another Bone Soldier, and whipped it into another skeleton.  Ivy was busy keeping an axe-wielding Bone Soldier from the group. "Thanks for the help guys." panted Link. "No problem Skirt-Boy!" shouted Alice beating a Bone Soldier's head with her staff. "Everyone, get away from the bones!" shouted Ace from a roof. "Why should we listen to you?" shouted Archer. "Because I had my ass saved by him!" shouted Beat staggering next to Ace. "Now get away from the bones!" Beat's orders were heeded by the defenders. When all were clear of the skeletal attackers, Beat raised his left hand and directed it towards the army of skeletons. "Din's Fire!" muttered Beat, igniting the Bone Soldiers. The fire engulfed the monsters and burnt them to a crisp. The fighters cheered as the last of the skeletons turned to ashes. Link breathed a sigh of relief, and kneeled to the ground. Beat did something similar to that, he collapsed onto the ground. "Beat!" gasped Richard, as he rushed to his friend. He was followed by many of the defenders. Ace stood close to Beat, and helped him up. He then untied his belt and tied Beat's right arm to his body. "Thanks." nodded Beat wobbling on his feet. "We can settle scores later, for now, we stop that Fright guy." replied Ace. "We're missing two people. Who are they?" "I can't see the Vakan, or that Edmund guy either." panted Richard. "Or the dragon." Suddenly a howl pierced the air. Everyone turned to see the dragon soaring overhead, but on it was two men struggling against one another. One was Jacob, the other, who was unrecognized, was knocked off the dragon. He fell to the ground hurtling towards the judges stage. "Oh my goddesses, that's Peter!" gasped Ivy. "Shit! I'll get him!" shouted Beat running off. "Alright, we found the dragon, and it's owner. Now who's going after them?" asked Link. "I will." replied a man in a green mask, with a painted scowl on his face. "Green Spirit, ready to serve you." Beat jumped against a wall and jumped to a roof. He sprinted across the slated roof towards his falling friend. When he reached the end, he jumped. He positioned himself under Peter so he could break his fall. Peter did fall into Beat, but he fell into Beat's shoulder. Beat shouted out in pain, but clung to his friend. "You idiot! Why would you do that?" screamed Beat. "I was doing what was needed to protect my friends." muttered Peter with his eyes glazed over. Beat tried to keep his back to the ground so he could keep the unconscious boy up. Beat felt his back caught by firm arms, and when he chanced a peek at who had saved him this time he sighed in relief. "Thanks Vakanos." laughed Beat. "Sorry I'm late to the party. I was protecting a girl I ran into." apologized the Vakan. "The dragon." muttered Peter pointing upwards. "Stay here, I'll handle it." ordered Vakanos. "Wait!" shouted Beat. "Are you the only Vakan that wants peace with the TerraSliders?" "Nows not the time," started Vakanos. "Answer the question!" growled Beat. "Yes, I am." shouted the Vakan. "Then I'll help grant that wish of yours. You kill the dragon, I'll take Peter to safety," replied Beat. "Why should we trust a guy who won't show his face?" shouted Ace. "Good point. Then I won't help you." laughed Green Spirit, turning to walk away. "Wait!" demanded Link. "Why do you want to help us?" "Oh that's easy. I'm doing this to repay the goddesses for bringing me back." replied Green Spirit. "What do you mean?" asked Richard stepping forward. "I was killed due to that guy's boss. I was brought back by the goddesses to serve my charge. I'm here to help him. And I won't say which one is my charge." explained the masked man. "Besides, it seems that Vakanos has this one." Everyone present turned to see the Vakan climbing up the windmill.  "He's the Fire Sage Warrior!" cheered Beat. "Who is?" yawned Peter. He seemed back to normal. "Vakanos. Hey, wait you're normal?" "Yeah, some girl in green visited me, and then my minds a blank." "Hmm. We'll discuss this later. For now you go back to the others. Help open those spirit bottles. I'm helping Vakanos." ordered Beat. "Alright." nodded Peter running off. "Farore, you shouldn't have done that." growled Beat as he jumped up to a windmill blade. Link looked and saw Peter running to the array of fighters. He breathed a sigh of relief seeing his friend was ok. But that quickly turned into an audible gasp. "Beat's climbing up the windmill." he moaned. "He said he found who he was looking for." replied Peter. "Great." sighed Richard. "Hey should we free these spirits?" asked Archer looking at the Bone Soldier remains. "I'd advise against it. They're all red spirits." yawned Green Spirit, covering his painted mouth. "What do you have against red spirits?" growled a man in a red mask. "Oh hey Red. Didn't notice you there." laughed Green Spirit. "Green, you are making me mad." growled Red. "But their not normal Bone Soldiers. Their Bone Admirals." replied Green. "No bringing back, these masks would be evil." "Just open the jars and release the spirits." sighed Red Spirit. "Shouldn't you be helping someone? I seem to recall Din making it pretty clear you stick to your charge." yawned Green. "Cut it out you two!" shouted Ivy smacking the two masks together. "Thank you Ivy. Now who's going to bring Beat down?" sighed Link. "Looks like the dragon is." stated Ace, pointing to the windmill. Jacob stood on the roof of the windmill as Volvagia circled the building. Vakanos stood before Jacob, ready to fight. Beat had jumped onto the roof, but needed to catch his breath. He used too much energy again. "Alright, I'll handle the red monster, you handle Volvagia." wheezed Beat. "You're in no shape to fight him!" shouted Vakanos. "Please, I kicked the crap outta him when I was in a worse shape. I can handle him." laughed Beat grimly. "You're unarmed!" shouted the Vakan. "I had a sword when I fought him but never used it. I can beat him with my arm tied down. Just watch." growled Beat, eyes starting to burn with hatred. "Oh that won't be necessary." laughed a voice behind Beat. Beat turned to see Red Spirit along with Link and a man in a mask similar to Spirit's, riding on a green, serpent-like dragon. "Oh wonderful, Forvalgia here to finish me." moaned Beat. "Trust me, Forvalgia has a thorn in it's side, thanks to you Grimsley." laughed the man with the green mask. "A thorn?" muttered Beat. He then saw the meaning. He saw a shining point near the beast's rear leg. "My knife." "Hurry and pull it out. I can handle Fright, now go awaken his true powers!" ordered Link jumping off of the green dragon. "We'll handle Volvagia. Get going." shouted Red Spirit. "Right. Vakanos, let's go." nodded Beat. "Where to?" asked the Vakan. "Uh, well, hmmmm. Where do I take him?" "Beat! Get going!" shouted Link. "I don't know how Archer gained his power! I was out cold when it happened!" shouted Beat in response. "Ladies, I'm waiting." yawned Jacob, tapping his foot impatiently. Red and Green then vanished, reappearing on either side of Jacob. They both grabbed an arm, and pulled him back. "Unhand me!" roared Jacob. Beat smiled then jumped to the green dragon, and pulled his knife out of it. "Sorry." he apologized. The dragon moaned softly, as if accepting the apology. Beat then grabbed Vakanos and started leading him towards the mountain when Volvagia grabbed them both, sweeping them away to Death Mountain's fiery center. Jacob grinned wickedly, then focused his energy on his arms gathering his fear magic on them. "That won't work." laughed Green. "We're just spirits, you won't get us scared." growled Red. Link drew his Great Fairy Sword, and lunged at Jacob. "Die bastard!" Jacob showed the fear in his eyes. He vanished as Link drove his sword where Jacob's heart was. Jacob laid on his back, sweat covering his face. He looked up to see his lord standing over him. "Well, well, well. My loyal soldier, reduced to a sniveling coward." laughed the Skull King. "You have done your job, rest now." "Thank you my lord. I guess I left it in enough turmoil for our envious friend to handle. Shall I inform him?" "No, leave him be. He should notice you're absence." Beat and Vakanos were being shaken like rag dolls in a tornado. Beat kept silent due to the pain in his arm. Vakanos was trying to draw his halberd. "Finally got it!" he laughed. He then smashed the blade into the beast's swollen eye. "Woah, hey! That red dragon's falling!" shouted Finn pointing to the falling beast screaming in pain. "Oh, Nayru, Beat and Vakanos are in it's claws!" gasped Alice. "We've gotta help them!" shouted Richard running to where he thought the dragon would crash, which happened to be the graveyard. "Oh my goddesses!" screamed Beat as he fell from the monsters hand. "Beat!" gasped Vakanos reaching his staff to Beat. Then the creature released the Vakan. Vakanos grabbed Beat, and positioned himself so he broke the fall. But as they fell, Vakanos felt a sharp pain in his forehead. It burned and made him scream in pain. "My, my. You could use sone help." laughed a girl with skin like a Gerudo, seeming to fall while laying comfortably. She waved her arm and they ceased falling. She slowly lowered it and set them onto the ground. "Step three paces back, it'll save you." Beat had to be dragged, but Vakanos saved them from the falling mass of Volvagia. "Yay!" laughed the girl jumping up and down. "You're that girl I helped!" gasped the confused Vakan. "Yup. Now Beat come here." laughed the girl. "M'kay. Now what?" asked Beat as he walked forward. She punched his shoulder and growled as he fell to the ground. "Don't break my gifts! You're lucky that was just a metal staff and nothing else." Beat only sobbed as he clutched his shoulder. "You bitch! You made it..." started Beat before calming down. "It's actually staring to feel good. I'm deeply sorry for calling you a bitch." "Trust me, my sisters call me worse." smiled Din. "Can you do something about my forehead?" asked Vakanos, pointing to the mark burned in his skin. "I'll explain it later. For now we dispose of this thing." sighed Beat. "Ahbupbupbup! Don't move your arm, it's rebuilding itself." instructed Din. "I was going to burn it's body." replied Beat. "Yeah burn a fire-breathing dragon. That will work perfectly." laughed Link dropping down from Forvalgia. "Hey Link, how is our friend Jacob?" growled Beat. "He split. We just barely got out without injuries." sighed Allen, arriving with the bulk of the defenders. "No one was hurt? What a relief." laughed Beat. "Almost everyone was fine. You were the one who got injured the most." sighed Ivy. "Oh, well, that sucks. Hey let's get the people back so we can have our competition, I didn't get to fight. Just a couple bones." whined Beat. "Alright, Beat you just keep your arm up in this sling. No new staff for you either." ordered Din as she left his cart. "I apologized already, it's not my fault the dragon skull is thick." stated Beat. "You can fight, just don't use it. You are lucky you have me." laughed Din. "Please. I can do," he was interrupted by Din kissing him on his lips. He sat still, his face slowly turning red. He blinked, then asked "Why did you do that?" "I guess I wanted to feel what it's like to be kissed." shrugged Din. "Tata." she sighed walking out of the cart. "Beat your fight is the last one this round. But lets go watch the other fights." suggested Link. "Who's fights did I miss?" yawned Beat getting up. "Archer, and Richard. You saw mine, so now is Finn's." explained Link. "Alright let's go!" laughed Beat jumping from the cart. "Wait, I've got something I have to go get  first." Link laughed as he watched his friend run off towards the graveyard. "He can manage to survive a dragon's attack, and then end up running around happily nothing happened. He is something else. He would have loved Termina, getting to meet the same person again and again. He'd probably make some kind of game to play off of knowing people." "Beat wouldn't do that. But you using the fact that you had the same name as that Goron to go into his room was pretty messed up." replied Tatl. "Hey, that was Anju's fault not mine." growled Link. "So you say." laughed the fairy floating off. Beat waved to the people repairing the fighting area, and laughed at the head carpenter shouting at his workers. He jumped up to the Shadow Temple entrance, and lit the torches using a spell. "Looking for something?" asked a voice behind him. "Sheik?" "Yeah, it's me. How did you know where this was?" "I found it when I ran from Ivy and Malon. I met the Shadow Sage here." explained Beat. "You met my aunt?" gasped Sheik in surprise. "Your aunt? She's my aunt. She is the sister of my adopted mother." "Ha, I guess we could be cousins then." laughed Sheik. "Great, now I've got a bigger family." laughed Beat. "Would you help me find a sheath? I just recently reclaimed a knife I lost." "Sure." nodded Sheik. "You were pretty stupid to try fighting the dragon by yourself." "Jeez, I try to save Link's life and I get called stupid." "Link? What was threatening him?" gasped Sheik. "Jacob had filled the Fire Temple with skeletons. I was clearing it out. Those rifts he made were to bring out his goons." explained Beat. "Hehe, I gave my two weapons to stop that thing, but I didn't kill it. Vakanos did, I didn't stop Jacob either, and I fought him twice." sighed Beat. "Hey, don't doubt yourself!" shouted Sheik, walking up to his friend. "You are a brave man! And you helped so many people! The Kokiri, the people here in Kakariko. And you're doing this to help the Gerudo, you can't do it all on your own." Beat sighed, and looked to Sheik. "Thanks. I guess I just try too hard." "Here, I found the sheath." stated Sheik handing it to Beat. "Thanks. Maybe you can help, after all, you hold the Triforce of Wisdom." laughed Beat. "And no, Link didn't tell me. I found out on my own." "You did seem to notice that quickly." sighed Sheik, holding his hand in front of his heart. He was then engulfed in light, when it cleared, Zelda stood before him. "Nice entrance. Oh hey, I just thought of something." yawned Beat. "What is it?" asked Zelda. "Maybe Skull King is causing the rabble in the Gerudo Fortress. The Gerudo may be violent, but they wouldn't hurt each other like that." suggested Beat. "That may be true. Let's go see the fights."  "Sure, let's go." agreed Beat.


Enter the security code shown below:
 Sections
The "Post Your Own Work" section is powered by eFiction. To get it for your site, go to www.efiction.org.