Post Your Own Work

 New Fan Works  Old Fan Works  Zelda Series  Multimedia  Features  Interactive  Site Info
[Reviews - 324] Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +
“...a graveyard?

Why am I here? ...Grandpa? What are you doing here? What’s going on?

I can’t talk!

No, I
AM talking! Am I that other girl standing next to you?

But...I can’t understand what I’m saying...

That can’t be me...
I’M me!

I look so sad...so lonely...what happened? Please someone tell me! I don’t understand.

She looks just like me...only as a grown up.

What’s wrong? Why am I crying? This...this is a dream?

...

No, what’s happening?

...Don’t...!

Please...RUN!!!”


...A gun shot echoes...

=========

Chapter Five
“That Dream I Had”


Fall. It was a beautiful fall morning; the sky was as blue as can be. A light breeze blew leaves into the air.

Sakura opened her eyes, she had fallen asleep again. She was sitting against the fence. Even though it was cool outside, she was sweating. Her brother tapped her on the shoulder, “Have a nice nap?”

She looked up to see Ken, with a white headband around his forehead. He was sweating, probably from working out with their father, Derek.

She looked back down, “I...had a nightmare.”

Ken climbed over the fence and sat down beside her, “About what?”

She drew circles in the dirt with her finger and said, “Promise you won’t tell?”

Ken nods slowly, wanting to hear what she had to say. She took a deep breath and said, “I...dreamt that I died.”

Ken looked at her and asked, “How?”

Sakura whispered something that he couldn’t hear. She looked at him and said, “There was this man...he was scary looking.”

Ken, being curious, delves deeper without thinking about her feelings, “What happened?”

She held herself, shivering a bit and said, “...we...had a fight...me and him. He had blond hair...and scary red eyes.” She looked at Ken in the eyes and asked, “Do you remember that invention Grandpa Trent made?”

Ken thought for a moment, “You mean that...uhm...revolver?”

She nods, “Yeah...the thing that shoots those little things. I was holding that. I don’t remember anything else...everything went blurry. I think I....killed...myself...”

She went quiet. Ken prodded her, “What? Why?”

“I-I don’t want to tell you anymore. It’s making me scared.”

He was about to say something to try to make her talk, when their father called him over to finish the practice session. He glanced at Derek and said to his troubled sister, “I’m going. Later.” She stood and grabbed him, “Promise you won’t tell? Please?”

He nodded slowly, “I won’t.”

She let him go.

She watched silently, leaning forward on the fence, as her brother and father practiced. She was deep in thought, which was strange for someone her age. It didn’t seem natural.

Someone came and stood next to her, leaning on the fence, she turned, “Grandpa.” Trent smiled and looked at the other two sparring, “Looks fun doesn’t it?”

She turned back to the other two, “I want to learn.” Trent looked surprised, “What?” she looked at him, “I want to learn how to use a sword. Can you teach me?”

Trent asked, “Why would you want to do something like that?”

“I just...want to. Please?” she said. She wanted to learn because she wanted to be able to defend herself. The dream shook her up real bad. Of course, she didn’t tell him this.

Trent thought for a moment, “I’m...not sure if your father would approve...”

She looked as if she were about to cry. Trent finally relented and said, “Alright...we’ll start tomorrow. Be up early.”

She didn’t smile, she just nodded.

“Ok...” she said, and left Trent to himself, walking towards the house. Trent looked worried. Something was amiss.


Enter the security code shown below:
 Sections
The "Post Your Own Work" section is powered by eFiction. To get it for your site, go to www.efiction.org.