Post Your Own Work

 New Fan Works  Old Fan Works  Zelda Series  Multimedia  Features  Interactive  Site Info
[Reviews - 22] Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +
Wrongly Accused
Chapter One




A small ball of light hovered over a young teens head, calling out loudly, “Link, wake up!”


“I’m awake…” The young teen called Link groaned as he rolled over in his cot.


“No you are not. Link, we have to see King Edward this morning. He wants to speak with us about plans to marry off the Princess.” The small ball of light squeaked, and began to bounce up and down on Link’s head.


“Us? Navi, I think King Edward wants to speak with me about the plans to marry off Zelda.” He swatted at Navi, and sat up on his cot. “I’m awake!”


“Link, please, it is Princess Zelda. Call her by her appropriate name. Oh, by the way Link, on our way to Hyrule Castle we need to stop by Lon Lon Ranch to pick up some milk. Gwyneth wanted me to bring it by on our way.”


“Listen Navi, how about you get some milk and take it to her yourself. I know that King Edward won’t be all the eager to see you again.”


“But I am just a small Fairy. I do not have the strength to, oh please Link!”


“Whatever. Let’s get a move on; I don’t want to be late!” He jumped up, throwing on his floppy green hat, and brown leather boots. He hooked his sword and sheath on his back, along with his Hylian shield.


“Link? Honestly, do tell; are you really going out looking like that?! You do not even look—”


“Shut your face! I look fine. If someone wasn’t complaining all night I could have gotten some sleep. But no! A certain little fairy was complaining because she hadn’t gotten news if she was accepted into the Fairy Court.” Navi narrowed her eyes, but let the insult go. She took a head start, and flew out the window of the tree house. Link shuffled towards the door, and then pulled back the cloth that covered it. He walked onto the balcony and climbed down the wooden ladder. Once he reached the ground he sprinted over to his beautiful rusty red horse, Epona. He mounted her, and exited the Kokiri Forest.


He rode across the Hyrule field and up to the gates of Lon Lon Ranch.


“Who might you be, Boy?” Said a pudgy looking man that sat at a post by the gates.


“Link, and my fairy companion, Navi. We are here to pick up some milk for Gwyneth.”


“Ah. Yes, of course…” The man picked up a package wrapped in brown paper and handed it to Link. “There you are sonny. Be careful on your ride. Farmers say a storm should be coming in by mid day.”


“Thank you Sir. I bid you good day.” Link turned Epona around and they headed off towards Kakariko Village. They slowed down as they crossed over the small stone bridge. They trotted up the stone steps, and Link dismounted. He patted Epona on the neck and whispered for her to stay put for a little while.


“Let us hurry Link, or the King will have your head if you are late again.”


“I’m hurrying.” Link sprinted up the stone steps and entered the village. He quickly made his way towards Gwyneth’s hut. Once he reached her hut, he knocked on the wooded door, and waited patiently.


The door creaked open, and an old woman was visible.


“Gwyneth, how good to see you! I brought the milk you asked for.”


“Why thank you young Link. Please, do come in. I could make you some tea if you like?”


“No thank you. Navi and I are already late for a meeting with King Edward. He wants to discuss Princess Zelda’s wedding plans.”


“Ah, yes. Who is she getting married to?”


“I’m not sure; I’m hoping that King Edward has found someone.”


“Well, please stop by again sometime soon.”


“I will. I bid you good day Ma’am.” Link quickly headed back to Epona, hoping the King wasn’t too angry with him.
Before Link exited the Village he heard Navi say: “Oh look Link! A pack of rampaging chickens.”


“Ha, ha. Very funny Navi.” Link pretended to laugh, and added in an undertone, “yeah right. A pack of rampaging chickens. You have a wild imagination.”


A scream echoed through the village, “oh no! A pack of rampaging chickens!” A random villager yelled.


“Take cover everyone!”


“Run for your life!” Link heard villagers scream and yell. He turned around and truthfully, a pack of freakishly obese rampaging chickens was heading straight for them.


“Oh shit! Navi you were right! What do we do?” Link screamed as he stood in place and watched the freakishly obese rampaging chickens grow closer.


“Uh, I do not know!” Navi squeaked.


“Maybe I should tell them to stop? Freakishly Obese Chickens! Do not come any closer!” The chickens just gave Link a funny look, and advanced towards him.


“Link, it did not work! Oh no! We are going to die!”


“Navi, shut up! Maybe I should distract them? But with what?”


“Uh, food?” Navi asked.


“Good idea!” Link looked around for any kind of food. He spotted a small crate full of seeds. He ran over to the crate and busted a large hole in it, and watched the seeds flow out. Sure enough, all of the obese chickens wobbled over to the seeds and began pecking at it. “Someone lock them up!” A small group of men sprinted over the chickens and carried them off somewhere.


“Thank you good Sir! We greatly appreciate you helping us out with the rampaging chickens.” Said a man in the growing crowd.


“You are very welcome. Now I must go, I’m late for a meeting with King Edward.” Link sprinted down the stone steps and mounted Epona. “Navi, we must hurry!”


“The King will have your head for this!”


“Navi, shut it!” Link rode towards Hyrule Castle, once he reached the gates he handed Epona over to the guards. “Take good care of her.”


“We will Sir.” A Guard answered as he walked Epona over to the stables.


Link rushed into the market, greeting people he knew along the way. He quickly walked into the Castles court yard and paid the guard at the gate ten rubies. Once he made it into the meeting room, everyone stared at him. Link noticed he had a few chicken feathers on his tunic which he quickly brushed them off, the bowed to the King, and sat down.


“Link! It is good of you to join us! Please state why you are late.” The King asked in his deep booming voice.


“I have four words to say to you Your Majesty.” Link said.


“They are?”


“Freakishly obese rampaging chickens.” Link answered.


“Hah! That is funny! You are a very funny boy Link!” The King’s laugh echoed through out the high ceiling room.


“Your Majesty, I was serious.”


“Oh course you were! Sir Ralf, please send for my daughter, Princess Zelda. Link! Let us get down to business! We have found someone to be Zelda’s Husband. His name is Prince Talon Kosacah. He is a very fine gentleman.”


“When will the wedding take place?”


“In a month or two. It will be beautiful. Flowers everywhere! My only daughter, my pride and joy! Getting married!”


“Your Majesty!” Sir Ralf panted as he ran into the meeting room.


“What is it Sir Ralf?” asked King Edward.


“The Princess! She’s… She’s…”


“Out with it boy!”


“She’s dead!”


“What?!” The King screamed.


“She was found with a dagger sticking out of her chest. She was in her room. Her… Her body was still warm when I found her.”


“No! My baby girl dead!”


“No… Zelda! Your Majesty, I am truly sorry.” Link whispered. A few tears leaked out of the corners of his eyes.


“You!” King Edward pointed menacingly at Link.


“Me?” Link asked.


“You killed her! You were jealous! You were jealous because you knew you could not have her, so you killed her. You made sure that if you could not have her no one else could! Guards! Arrest this murderer!”


“But—No! I didn’t kill her! I’m innocent!” Link screamed as the guards dragged him off towards the prison cells that were hidden under the castle.


Enter the security code shown below:
 Sections
The "Post Your Own Work" section is powered by eFiction. To get it for your site, go to www.efiction.org.