The Legend of Zelda: Afterwards by zeldafanchick2005
Summary: Just a fic idea I've had for over a month. I'm just now considering writing it. Basically, a time of peace is in Hyrule, and Link is unsure of what to do now. No doubt this idea is a cliche, but now it's my turn. I tried a simpler, straight-from-the-hip style in this one. plz R&R!
Categories: Fan Fiction Characters: Link (OoT & MM)
Genres: None
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 2 Completed: No Word count: 1115 Read: 27382 Published: Apr 29, 2005 Updated: Apr 30, 2005
Chapter One: Through My Eyes by zeldafanchick2005
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chapter One: Through My Eyes
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Don't get me wrong, I was glad it was over. I just felt unfulfilled about my life, that's all.

Now I reside in the castle with Zelda and Impa. It's definately different from my old home, which was little more than a carved out tree-trunk. It's funny how things can change in such a short time.

At least once a day, I stop and ask myself a simple question; a question that acts like a faerie in the distance, getting your attention for a moment, then you try to ignore it, but it just won't stop flickering at you. What was even worse about it was that this question must have been reminiscent of Navi, because it was annoying the hell out of me.

...Was it worth it?

Well, was it? I couldn't tell. All I knew was that Zelda was safe, and I was happy for that.

In a way, I thought we had begun what was considered a romantic relationship. I don't mean to play my own ocarina, but I consider myself a relatively hansome young man, with the ability to understand Zelda and not treat her like a personal whore.

In another way, though, I couldn't tell. I mean, we had confessed to eachother that we were in love. We had even shared our first kiss. But we only talked to each other when no one else was around. Zelda was unusually uptight about everything. I thought maybe it was the rumors that were going around about us.

Certainly, we were the ideal couple. Hero and Princess. Well, why don't they just hold it up like they just won the damned Zora olympics? Yeah, I was tired of it. I'm not afraid to admit it. I wanted to kill something after what I heard said about us.

"Did you hear? They're saying that the princess is carrying Link's child!"

"No Kidding? Wow..."

"AND I heard that he was cheating on her with Malon from Lon-Lon Ranch."

"Her?! The horse raiser? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!"

And countless others followed. Now, I could live with the rumors. All I would have to do is bash a few skulls with my fist to shut them up. But Zelda is more fragile. The problem was that whenever I tried to talk to her about it, she'd ignore me or change the subject.

Give me a sword, some bombs, and a fire-breathing Dodongo any day. But don't try to ge met to talk to Zelda about our relationship. It ain't gonna happen.

So I kept trying. Please listen to my long, complicated story. I don't know what to do now that the enemy is gone. I'm sure of one thing though...

...Zelda was hurt, and I was going to find out what it was.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

End of chapter one.

*sorry it's so short! I'll add on tomorrow, okay? The actual story is a lot better.*
This story archived at http://www.kasuto.net/efiction/viewstory.php?sid=1508