Worlds Apart by Articunomew
Summary: Five Worlds, ten people. When the worlds fall into darkness and danger, it is up to these people to save their world.
Categories: Fan Fiction Characters: Zelda, Link (LoZ & AoL)
Genres: None
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 6 Completed: No Word count: 6972 Read: 62759 Published: Jan 11, 2005 Updated: Jan 11, 2005
Chapter One: Crest of Hope, Digimon by Articunomew
Chapter One:
Crest of Hope



Digimon, digital monsters, Digimon are the Champions!
Digimon, digital monsters, Digimon are the Champions!
Change, into digital champions
To save the digital
World
Digimon, digital monsters, Digimon are the Champions!

Takeru, or ‘T.K’, glanced across his English room and caught the eye of Kari, his best friend. The two grinned at each other. The reason for this, was because Davis, the holder of the Digieggs of Courage and Friendship was making a fool of himself as usual. It was the last class of a very hot day and everyone was eager to come home and stick themselves to a seat in front of an Air-Conditioner. Only T.K, Kari and Davis weren’t going to do that, they were going somewhere where it was actually cold. The one place most other people couldn’t go: The Digital World.
The Digital World was different from the actual world, mainly because it was made up of the digital data from the internet. It had its own climate, and was inhabited by Digimon- Digital Monsters.
Only a few people, like T.K, Kari, Davis, a girl named Yolei, a boy named Ken and another boy named Cody could actually enter the Digimon World. They were what were called, ‘Digidestined’, kids who the Digital World called on when times were bad. There were Digidestined all over the world, but Kari and T.K were among the first wave to have entered the Digiworld.
In the first wave, Tai, Kari’s big brother, Matt, T.K’s big brother, Sora, Mimi, Izzy, Joe and T.K had entered the Digiworld to defeat an evil Digimon called Devimon. Soon afterwards, to defeat another Digimon called Myotismon, they had to bring Kari into the Digiworld.
A few years after that, Izzy discovered a way to open a portal at will using a computer, between their world and the Digiworld. When Davis accidentally got dragged in, he discovered that he was a Digidestined to. When he found the Digiegg of Courage, he got his Digimon Partner, Veemon.
Soon after that, Yolei and Cody went in too. Yolei found the Digiegg of Love and got her partner, Hawkmon. Cody found the Digiegg of Knowledge and Armadillomon.
Ken, on the other hand, knew about the Digiworld a long time before Davis, Yolei and Cody. He was an evil guy called the ‘Digimon Emperor’, a person who found ways to build small machines that enslaved Digimon and made them do his bidding. After Davis and the others defeated him, he discovered he had the Crest of Kindness. Since it was Tai, Matt and the others who had gotten the Crests, it had come as a surprise.
And after THAT, they had to defeat two Digimon who were trying to revive Myotismon. He did get revived, but as a more dangerous Malomyotismon. Soon after, they defeated him.

Right now, T.K and the others didn’t have anything to do. So when they didn’t have anything to do, they went to the Digiworld.

Finally, the bell went. T.K quickly grabbed his stuff and pushed it into his bag. He jumped up at the same time as Davis and rushed over to Kari, his white hat almost coming off as he half ran, half jogged.

“Come on Kari.” He began as Davis said the same. They had arrived at Kari’s desk at almost the same time. Kari goggled up at the, as did almost half the class. T.K felt himself go slightly red.

“Wow T.K, I didn’t know you could move so fast.” She said, standing up and grabbing her books. T.K laughed slightly and went redder.

“Yeah T.K, maybe you’ll provide some competition at the cross-country.” Davis jeered. While fairly fit, T.K hated the cross-country, mainly because it was one of the few things that Davis could beat him at.

“Yeah, right, shut up.” T.K muttered. He also hated to give Davis a reason to tease him.
He silently walked through the door, temporarily forgetting about both Davis and Kari.
How can I tell her I like her, before Davis does? He asked himself gloomily.
Before he knew it, he was at the Computer Labs. He stood, frowning at the door, wondering where it had come from. He shook his head and pushed the door open.
His backpack suddenly started squirming as he shut the door.
“Ok Patamon, I’ll let you out in a ‘sec.” T.K said. He gently placed his bag down on a desk and opened it.
And animal that looked like an orange pig jumped out. It had a white underbelly and its wings, while bigger than the actually thing, were wiry and bat like.
As T.K watched, it shook itself and looked up at him. It blinked, and then grinned.

“About time! When are you going to get your gym clothes from the bottom of your bag.? I swear I saw your socks moving!” Patamon declared. T.K grinned and playfully pushed Patamon slightly. In response, Patamon took to the air and landed on T.K’s hat.

“You know, it does look weird for a stuffed toy to fly and then land on its owner’s hat.” A voice commented from behind T.K. T.K’s heart leapt to his throat as he turned around. When he saw who it was, he relaxed and grinned. “Y’know Matt, it’s rude for people to sneak up on others?”

“Nope. But then, sneaking around wasn’t really a crucial part to traveling in the Digiworld.” Matt declared from where he was leaning against the wall. “So, did you have the same idea as me?”

“Which is?” T.K asked, asking even though he knew the answer.

“Going somewhere where you can see snow.” Matt said, smiling. He wandered over to T.K and looked at Patamon. “I think you feed him too much.”

“Actually, not enough.” Patamon piped up. Matt shook his head and turned to the door as it slammed, admitting the old group of Digidestined and the new group.

“Looks like great minds think alike.” Sora declared, grinning. “Ok, let’s go!”

T.K took his cue from that and took out his Digivice. “Digiportal, OPEN!” He declared, pointing his Digivice at a computer. The computer lit up, glowing purple, then yellow. Suddenly a vortex emitted from the computer and sucked everyone in.


{ Now here’s something new, at the end of each chapter I’m going to put a song or a quote from whatever will be staring in the next chapter. When someone can guess the song / quote and match it up to the correct game.

And today’s is:

I know that you’re hidin’ things,
Using gentle words to shelter me
Your words were like a dream
But dreams could never fool me
Not that easily

I acted so distant then
Didn’t say goodbye before you left
But I was listening
You fight your battles far from me
Far too easily
This story archived at http://www.kasuto.net/efiction/viewstory.php?sid=1075